Because backend frameworks are developed in a variety of languages, including Python, PHP, Ruby, and Java, and have a variety of functionalities, the best backend web development framework depends significantly on the features required in the application. The top 8 backend web development frameworks that are popular among developers in 2022 are listed below:
ASP.NET Core is an open-source version of ASP.NET that was first released in 2016. It’s a reworking of ASP.NET’s prior Windows-only versions. ASP.NET Core is a popular web development framework for building web apps on the.NET platform that is far faster than most other frameworks currently available.
The following are the primary features of ASP.NET Core:
- Designed to allow runtime components, APIs, languages, and compilers to grow quickly
- Multiple versions of ASP.NET Core can exist on the same server
- Provides multiple support lifecycle choices to satisfy app-specific needs
Laravel is an open-source PHP framework based on the MVC design that was first released in 2011 under the MIT license. Laravel is an excellent backend framework for creating blogs, news sites, and e-commerce sites. Laravel streamlines the building of safe and modern web apps with a straightforward interface, out-of-the-box API support, and rich libraries.
Laravel is a very new and beginner-friendly framework that includes the following features:
Blade template engine provides lightweight frontend templates
- Supports simple PHP code
- Excellent community support and documentation
- Database migration system
On the other hand, Laravel Lumen is a lightweight micro-framework built on a Laravel basis. It’s a stripped-down version of the full web frameworks that speed up development. Laravel Lumen, which was released in 2015, allows developers to create microservices and high-performance APIs. Lumen is a popular best web development framework among developers because of the following features:
Simplifies basic activities including routing, database abstraction, queueing, and caching • Built-in debugger allows for quick bug detection and elimination of Google App Engine compatibility
Because of its rich capabilities, big brands like IBM and Accenture trust Express.js as a popular framework. Express.js is a very extensible framework that enables REST API applications. Express, often known as Express.js, is a Node.js web application framework that was released in 2010 and provides basic web development functions such as:
- Minimalistic and fast web framework
- Simple to set up and learn
- Excellent routing API
- A big number of plugins to choose from provides a variety of HTTP utility techniques for creating dynamic and perceptive APIs.
A famous framework for developing free and open-source java framework is used for developing production-ready Spring-based applications. Spring Boot, was first released in 2002. It uses basically the platform named spring and third-party tools to assist originators to grow quickly. The following are some of the benefits provided by the Spring Boot framework:
- Micro services-ready framework
- Provides robust batch processing
- Assists with REST endpoint management
- Eases dependency management
It is a prominent open-source popular web framework developed in Python programming language that was first released in 2005. Django is known as the famous web framework, especially for those who are perfectionists with meeting deadlines because it is based upon the DRY concept. It highlights recycling current code and concentrating on new units, allowing developers to work extremely quickly. Due to its increased security, Django is being extensively used for building FinTech apps, booking engines, and e-commerce systems.
- Large community support and rich documentation
- Highly scalable and configurable
- Encourages quick development
- Has a battery-included functionality
- Model-View-Template (MVT) structure at a high level
6-Ruby on Rails (RoR)
RoR is a web-based application framework disseminated under the MIT license. It’s just an astonishing framework, offering everything a developer requires to build exceptional applications and is supported by a huge and welcoming community. Since its debut in 2004, Hundreds of thousands of apps have been produced with the framework. Including Shopify, Airbnb, GitHub, and Hulu. The following are a few of the important features followed by RoR:
- It is following the Model-View-Controller (MVC) architecture
- It emphasizes the convention-over-configuration (CoC) and (DRY) principles
- Its framework allows modifying the already existing code smoothly.
- The Rails community works to identify and patch new vulnerabilities regularly
Another framework of backend web is a flask, which is the most lightweight and popular framework among developers due to its versatility. Flask assists developers in keeping the core of web applications simple and extensible. As it doesn’t need some sort of specific tools, the framework is characterized as a micro framework. It is also known as a “do-it-yourself” kind of web framework because it lacks a database notion film and trusts o mediator libraries for basic functionality. The Jinja template engine is used by the micro-framework. Flask’s primary features include:
- Flask is a stretchy, lightweight framework consisting of a modular design
- To view and manage stored data through RESTful API
- Another primary feature of the flask is, that it is a strong debugger and integrated development server.
8- Nest JS
The open-source, adaptable, and extensible Node.js framework is ideal for building robust and reliable backend systems. It is also one of the most popular Node.js frameworks in TypeScript. It can be used to create tested, scalable, and loosely linked applications. It works with databases including MongoDB, MySQL, and PostgreSQL. It draws heavily on React, Vue, and Angular and provides suitable dependability.
Some of Node.js’ most notable features include:
- The CLI, or Command Line Interface, is strong enough for development ease and increased productivity
- Documentation and maintenance ease
- MIT License open-source
- It offers adequate support for nest-centric modules that help in the integration with technologies such as Mongoose, Type-ORM, Logging, Graph-QL, Web-Sockets, and Validation.